Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Baby Dedication

We had Brinkley dedicated on Thursday night at the church. It was a great ceremony and I loved that Chip emphasized that this dedication was not so much for dedicating your baby, but was really about dedicating ourselves to be the Godly parents he has called us to be. He talked about the importance of not just talking about God in your home but living it out and letting your children see God in you. This ceremony really drove home something that I studied in bible study a few weeks ago...Leaving your legacy. It really helps me to evaluate my life and see what and I going to leave for Brinkley as my life is now and what do I want to leave for her and what do I change to get there. I want Brinkley to see my life and truly know that the Lord is not only in my life but that I live for Him daily. I realize daily through my bible study how little I know and that I have so much to learn.
Thank you God for Your unfailing love and Your Grace.


Aunt Carlene, Mamo, Pappy, Mimi, Brinkley, me, and Jason

Jason, me, Brinkley, Popa, Nana, Aunt Tanya, Uncle Chris

Justin, Lisa, and Addison (Thank you for coming, we really appreciate it), and us.

Chrissie and us. (Brinkley was sad her boyfriend couldn't come).

This was a picture taken before we left for the ceremony. Brinkley was so happy to get dressed up and out of the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh in the last pic it is amazing how much Brinks looks like Jason...do you see it? It was my joy to go to the baby dedication and support you and Jason as you raise Brinks in a godly home..I know you do the same for me:) I love you my precious friend. E was very upset that he couldn't attend that night, he just couldn't believe that I wanted him in the bed at his bed time. I am no fun:)