Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 28, 2007

8 Weeks old and finding my thumb

We had our (2 month) check up on Wednesday. Brinkley is growing like a weed. She is now 9 lbs. 4 oz. (between 25-50%) 21 1/4 in. height (between 25-50%) and her head is now 14 1/2in. (finally on the chart at in the 10th percentile). The visit was great except for the shots. We have had some concern with her stomach. She grunts and squirms like crazy and often like she is in pain. The RX gas drops helped some, but Dr. Miller told us we could try Mylanta and it has really help so far. I hope this will get better with age. We did have blood drawn for a billirubin check /c her eyes are still a little jaundice in the corners. She hated having her heel stuck and it took about 10 minutes to get enough blood. I wish they would find a better way to get blood than one drop at a time, I mean one drop might be fine, but not when you have to fill a vile. I hated seeing her cry/scream. When the nurse finally finished I picked her up and she was fine; however, then another nurse came in for the shots. Brinkley was fine until the stick and her eyes got so big, mouth wide open and then came the SCREAMING. My heart broke and I started crying. Thank goodness for Daddy being the strong one. I hated knowing my little one was in pain. She was fine by the time we left the office. She was sound asleep and actually slept good that night.

Brinkley has been sucking on her fingers, hands, arms, anything she can find since birth; but she is now intentionally sucking her thumb and fingers. She sucked her thumb for about 10 minutes the other day but when it falls out she goes crazy trying to get it back in but she can't quite get it. After her bath she was trying to get it in. Jason tried to help her but the more he tried she would try to suck his fingers:)




Daddy loves fixing her hair. She however was not so crazy about it:0
She really didn't mind but she was getting hungry and we have learned not to stand in the way of a girl and her food!


Just chillin on the changing table. She loves her changing pad. As soon as we laid her here she calmed down and just looked around.


Once her hair dries it will not lay down so we took advantage of the hair sticking straight up and I added a bow. She is stinkin cute. I love my little angel.

9 comments:

The Kirklands said...

She is such a pretty baby!

Katie McCrary said...

we do mylanta sometimes, it helps. be sure to do it after she eats, supposed to help more!!!! she is growing too fast, just like nash!

Anonymous said...

I hope her tummy feels better! Hunter had tummy issues for a long time. We used gas drops, mylanta, and so many other suggestions because you never know what will work. His had a lot to do with colic but he eventually grew out of it.

She is too precious!! I can't believe it's been 2 months already. Don't blink because she'll be a year before you know it!

Good luck. Let me know if you need anything :)

The Crawfords said...

Aren't shots the worst?!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I didn't realize she had so much hair to spike up...Jason she is not your toy!!! Just kidding. Your are right perfect hair style for a little girl...her grandma (J's mom) would be proud of her hairdo her daddy did.

Unknown said...

Hi Meg! We saw that you blogged about BabySakes. Please email kristin@babysakes.com for a special gift (you don't have to publish this comment). Thanks! :-) Kristin

Melanie said...

Hey girl!! YES, it's a small world!! My best friend, Brandi, and her husband are very good friends with Toby and Leah. That's how I met them. I have been around them on several occasions and they are really awesome people. I don't know much about the autism but I am learning and I am dedicated to helping them raise that money they need for the school!!!! Brinkley is so dang cute!!!! Just precious!! Love, M

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing you this past Sunday! You look great and Brinkley is such a doll! Have a great week! Love--Erika Allison

Anonymous said...

try mycock instead