I am very behind on posting, mostly because I just haven't taken the time. I have really just been enjoying the holidays with my hubby and my sweet baby girl. Jason took off this week so we have had a long vacation and I am already not looking forward to monday when he returns to work.
We had a great Christmas that lasted almost a week.
Tuesday before Christmas we headed to Mimi and Pappy's for a small get together with Jason's parents and sister. It was actually a good start because Brinkley was a little overwhelmed and decided she just liked to take presents to everyone.
Christmas Eve we went to Aunt Carlene's for the whole Breland Family Christmas. Brinkley had so much funrunning everywhere and actually seemed to enjoy opening the presents but was distracted very easily.
We were at our house for Christmas and we loved it. She walked out and just looked not sure what to do. We started opening all the gifts and she just tore her presents so gently with just her thumb and pointer finger. It was a great morning. After we opened gifts she was ready to go back to bed (I guess she woke up too early). I have to say we felt very relaxed this year, not rushed or hurried or stressed. It was great!! Mimi and Pappy got me this trunk I had been wanting so I could hide Brinkley's toys in the living room and Brinkley thinks it's her little house. She climbs in and plays with all her goodies.
We left Christmas Day around lunch time and headed to Nana and Papa's for Christmas with my family. I must say I am so thankful that Megan and Brinkley are so close in age. They have so much fun together. Megan of course loved opening everyone's gifts and then preferred to play with all Brinkley's toys. Brinkley wanted to play with what she had just opened rather than open more, but we finally got them all opened. They are precious and luckily Brinkley hasn't reached that stage of not sharing so she didn't care if Megan wanted her toys. My parents have a few acres so we enjoyed letting the girls play outside and ride on Megan's new john deer"gator" and Papa's lawnmower(no blades on of course).
While at Nana and Papa's house I got to spend some good time with my highschool best friends (Beth and Kristie P.) Beth now lives in Kentucky so I miss getting to see her so whenever we get the chance to catch up we love it. Kristie and her husband and sweet baby boy Toler live in Rome Georgia so we also try to plan get togethers whenever we are all in town! Thanks girls I loved it and a special thanks to Beth for keeping me laughing constantly, you are by far the funniest person I know!!


No comments:
Post a Comment