Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Jason and I just celebrated our 4th anniversary, but it seems like so much longer. We've been together since 2001. Anyway life is much different now, different in that in college you don't have to think or really work hard to make your relationship work (at least we didn't). Marriage brings with it lots of stress (jobs, busy schedules, babies ..all blessings too:)) I guessin college it was so easy and we didn't have to think about tomorrow we just enjoyed each day. We are learning still after 4 years to enjoy each day. We left Brinkley for the first time this weekend and headed to the Grand Hotel Resort and Spa in Point Clear to celebrate and enjoy time together. While we did miss Brinkley, we SOOO enjoyed the time to relax and do what we wanted and didn't have to worry about nap times, feeding, or routines. We truly enjoyed being lazy and selfish (and of course sweet and lovey but I'll spare you:). Saturday seemed like it went on forever literally. We ate and ate and ate and laid by the pool for hours then we decided we were getting a little red so we went shoppong and ate some more. We both agree this was a great mini vacation that felt like we were gone a week rather than a weekend. Definately recommend it if you want a fun romantic lazy get-a-way. Our room overlooked the Bay and we even took time to rock on our balcony. We definately are planning on making more time for us. We missed just being together without a baby in tow, not that we don't LOVE her but we loved spending time just the two of us.

Due to Hurricane Gustav we headed back Sunday instead of Monday, but we were well rested and ready to see Brinkley. Boy I mised that little munchkin.


Happy Anniversary Jason

**We/I completely forgot to take pictures so I tried to snap a few before we left.


No comments: