A little update:
We went to the doctor yesterday and heard the heartbeat again. It was in the 150's. I tried to get my doctor to guess boy or girl and she refused (she said she's always wrong). Anyway the visit went fine. Our next appointment is on March 26th and we'll find out if we are having a boy or girl, Yeah!!! Jason still stands firm that it's a girl, I'm leaning towards boy, but we'll see...
I still haven't been sick, nor have I gained weight (MOM, please stop stressing, the doctor says it will come, BE PATIENT). I can tell there is a bump beginning but maybe in a few weeks it will be more defined.
Thank you for your prayers, Beth..please add sleep to your prayer list for me. It is the one thing I guess that has changed, I haven't slept really good since I've been pregnant (or close to it). I know I haven't grown yet, but I just wake up often and can't get really comfortable. One more prayer request, please pray that my headaches go away. Jason and I can't figure out for sure why I am getting them. We first thought it was when I was hungry, then when I am driving or at the computer for prolonged periods, but we aren't sure and they are driving me crazy. Anyway, Please add those to you prayer list. (I specifically mentioned Beth because she has asked for specific things that she can pray for, but I welcome any and all prayer.
14 Weeks
Welcome to your second trimester! This is a big milestone in your pregnancy because it marks the end of a critical development period for your baby. All the basic structures of your baby's body — internally and externally — are formed now. Of course, they're still very tiny. Head to bottom, your baby is just 3 1/2 inches long — about the length of a lemon — and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces.
Your baby's body is growing faster than her head, which now sits upon a more well-defined neck. By the end of this week, her arms will have lengthened and will be in proportion to the rest of her body. (Her legs still have some growing to do, though.) She's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair all over her body called lanugo. Her liver starts secreting bile this week, a sign that it's already functioning properly, and her spleen starts contributing to the production of red blood cells.
Your baby's also producing and discharging urine into the amniotic fluid, a normal process that she'll keep up until birth. You still can't feel your baby's movements, but her hands and feet (now half an inch long) are more flexible and active. Thanks to brain impulses, her little facial muscles are getting a workout as she squints, frowns, and grimaces. She can grasp now, too, and she may be able to suck her thumb.


5 comments:
I am so happy for ya'll. It is such a fun time, so ENJOY IT!!! I can't wait to see if baby Breland is a boy or girl.
As for the headaches...I had them also, but not until my 2nd trimester. I was told they were related to hormonal changes.
Lisa
Woo hoo Mary E is out of her first trimster!!!! One down two to go. Baby E said he is ready to play with Baby Boy Breland-I think this is going to be my guess. I think you should get people to vote if they think you are having a boy or girl.
I know you don't know me, but I am friends with Mandye and Anthony Flowers (went to school with them). I had headaches during my pregnancy as well. My doctor said they are normal for some people. He said just to take tylenol. He also said for most people they don't last the entire pregnancy.
Lauren Morrow
Yeah Baby Breland!!! I'm so glad everything is going so well with the baby! She--I'm guessing it's a girl--is going to have the best parents! I'm praying for your headaches and the sleeplessness. Just keep saying to yourself, "It's worth it! It's worth it!" And it SO IS!!! I love you girlie!
It's a girl! That's my vote. Hate I'm gonna miss you this weekend!
Post a Comment